Monday, December 13, 2010

The Unknown World (Nova,1996)

Genre: Science

Honors: None Found
Review: In this amazing feature the viewer is transported to a microscopic world in which tiny creatures live and flourish.  From watching the creepy organisms that eat human skin off bed sheets to the bizarre microscopic creatures that live comfortably on human eyelashes enjoying mascara for a midday snack, viewers will never look at the world the same again.  People of all ages are sure to be intrigued by the discovery of a whole new world that literally exists on a microscopic level everywhere. 

Opinion:  I really enjoyed this DVD even though I was itchy the entire time I watched it!  I think this is one of the most engaging science videos I have ever seen on microscopic life.  As a former life science teacher I would be sure that this DVD was stocked in the library for use in science classes.  It truly opens up one's eyes to an unknown world.

Ideas: Include with Invisible Allies: Microbes That Shape Our Lives, a recommended non-fiction young adult book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment